Matcha tea is often mentioned when it comes to the new trendy super foods. I am told it is rich in vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium, all the ingredients one should be looking for, to keep one’s skin youthful and beautifully glowing.
Then there is also EGCG, which is sometimes mentioned in context with believed to be beneficial for its cancer-fighting properties.
Well, ignorant as I am I just love the somewhat bitter-sweet taste – and how easy it is to make. Further, it helps me staying focused but not getting nervous.
- One teaspoon fine Matcha Powder (make sure not to use the one for cooking)
- One tablespoon hot water
- Milk of any kind. I use Almond milk, but don’t mind normal milk or coco milk either.
- Whisk the Matcha powder with the hot water till all powder is fully dissolved and you are left with a creamy paste. don’t skip this step instead do pay an almost meditative attention to this. You do this best with a „chasen“ or a normal frothier
- Warm some milk together with some honey or other sweetener in a saucepan till little bubbles appear and whisk to get some foam as well.
- add milk slowly to your tea, may be sprinkle some matcha powder on top. Thats it.